MAGE Scholarship/Student Debt Reduction Application Period Ending August 30 at 5 pm
The MAGE Student Debt Reduction and Scholarship application period is now open. Your MAGE Board of Directors will choose recipients at random from all qualifying entries. The selections will be made at the Board meeting on September 7. Winners will be notified the week after the Board meeting and will be asked to provide a picture and statement. There will be a minimum of 4 scholarships or debt reductions awarded. Last year we had 10 recipients! It really does pay to belong!
MAGE Scholarship and Student Debt Reduction Program
Information, Eligibility and Rules and Application
The number of MAGE Scholarships/Student Debt Reduction payments to be awarded will be based on available funds in the scholarship/student debt reductions fund. Scholarships awards are $1,000, payable to the scholarship winners. Student Debt reduction payments of $1,000 will be made to the financial institution to which the member owes the debt. Applications are open to active, not retired members in good standing, and their children, stepchildren, legally adopted child, or legal ward of the member. All applicants must meet the eligibility requirements and comply with the rules and regulations as established by the MAGE Board of Directors.
- An applicant must be an active (not retired) member of MAGE, or the son, daughter, stepchild, legally adopted child or legal ward of an active member who is in good standing and has been a member for 1 year prior to the application period.
- The member must be active and in good standing on the date of the payment of the award.
- Scholarship applicants must be a High School senior or High School graduate or presently enrolled in a college university or recognized technical or vocational post-secondary school as a full or part time student with at least 6 credit hours. You must provide a copy of the confirmation of college/technical school enrollment and classes registered for with the application form
- Student debt reduction applicants must have at least $10,000 in current student debt and provide a statement showing the debt and payment information.
- Applicants are eligible to receive one award for either a scholarship or student debt reduction and must not have received either of these awards previously.
Application forms shall be available on the MAGE website at www.mage.org or may be sent to you by writing the MAGE office at 6920 S. Cedar, Suite 7, Lansing MI 48911 or calling 1-800-477-6243 to request a form. The application period shall be June through last weekday of August each year. Applications received after 5 p.m. on the last weekday of August are not timely and not eligible.
Please take care to fill out the application form completely and legibly as those that are not legible will not be considered.
SCHOLARSHIP/STUDENT DEBT REDUCTION AWARD SELECTION:
All applications will be entered into a drawing and winners will be selected randomly from all entries.